Search Our Articles and Products

Go Back   Computer Care Center Tech Forum > Laptops /Notebooks Repair > Laptop repair's Place of Prime
User Name
Password
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2008, 04:18 AM
Junior Apprentice

Default HP DV6000-----when the battery powered, the screen flickers and finally crushes out

HP DV6000-----when the battery powered, the screen flickers and finally crushes out.

Q: no matter when I use my battery to supply power for the laptop, the screen will suddenly flicker then die out when I’m using it. But the computer is still running and the screen still seems opened. Besides there’s nothing displayed on the screen (once I could watch movies and still hear sounds).

This happens only when using battery for power supply, and it is not the case when using AC power supply.

My first reaction is the problem of graphic card driver. So I upgraded it to the latest edition….however, the problem still exists.

These are just for reference: this is of HP Pavilion dv6000 series, 2 GB memory, Dual Core processor, integrated graphic card (945GM).

Does anyone have such a problem? Anyone who knows about it? Probably there’s something wrong with my battery because this won’t happen with AC power supply.

A: my problem is the same. I have a laptop of Acer Travelmate6291 Dual Core processor, 2GB memory and Intel integrated graphic card 945GM. I have already removed the memory stick and then to reinstall it. But the failure still existed. After the screen flickered then it became blank screen. The monitor is still on, because the backlight of the monitor was still visible This also happens only with battery on, and it won’t happen to AC power supply. Sometimes, the computer blank screen doesn’t turn black but white, sometimes even yellow. Once Vista ran on my machine and I thought it was the chief criminal. So I just had a clean installation of XP professional edition, same problem still occurred. I googled it for some clues, but unfortunately, I had nothing. Probably you guys here know what to do!

2. the chief criminal of this issue should be the battery, did you try another different battery?

Old Advertise
Old 02-17-2009, 02:46 AM
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to kikykuang

It seems your battery not very well
you can see the hp dv6000 battery knowledge from 613-742-7233
maybe can help you to solve your issue

Last edited by bigfoot : 02-19-2009 at 12:12 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:08 AM
Rookie

Default the age of HP PAVILION DV6000 battery

how long have you got your HP PAVILION DV6000 laptop? i doubt that the battery is too old to use. if you have just bought a new HP PAVILION DV6000 laptop ,the battery should be 100% discharged and the battery may have the memory effect when stored. if this not helps, you'd better get a new one.

good luck!
Old 02-23-2009, 03:11 AM
Rookie

Default the age of HP PAVILION DV6000 battery

how long have you got your HP PAVILION DV6000 laptop? i doubt that the battery is too old to use. if you have just bought a new HP PAVILION DV6000 laptop ,the battery should be 100% discharged and the battery may have the memory effect when stored. if this not helps, you'd better get a new one.

good luck!
Old 09-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Rookie

Default hp laptop battery

Hello everybody

I got a new hp dv6000 battery for my notebook and the next day I can't use my wifi, I don't know whether the battery have a fault or other thing went wrong, the battery is a 12 cell high capacity one.