Search Our Articles and Products

Go Back   Computer Care Center Tech Forum > Laptops /Notebooks Repair > Laptop repair's Place of Prime
User Name
Password
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Search this Thread
Old 04-17-2008, 11:59 PM
Senior Apprentice

Default The infamous HP DV series hardware problems..

The infamous HP DV series hardware problems (lose wireless signal, no power supply, no display) finally happened to our laptops.

: HP Pavilion dv2000/dv6000/dv9000 and Compaq Presario v3000/v6000 Series Notebook PCs
-------- HP Limited Warranty Service Enhancement

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...reg_R1002_USEN

For me and my colleagues, these infamous problems finally occur on our Pavilion laptops separately about 7 months, 15 months and 22 months later.
You may think why I call them infamous? Check the 3 posts here (notice: there’re lots of articles and posts on the webpage, it may takes a few minutes to load it):

please take a look: thank you!

http://www.amazon.com/Computercares-Laptop-Repair-Workbook-

and http://blogs.zdnet.com/Berlind/?p=853

Before my computer got the problem, I have already heard of this. To avoid this problem I suggest you to upgrade your BIOS. But, certainly, this won’t fix the hardware damages which are caused by overheat problems. So even you upgrade your BIOS, this won’t help you avoid hardware damages.

Therefore, this probably is a hardware problem. Of course there’s no software repair, even quick BIOS maintenance. After a period of studying, I think it is the time to send it to the repair center or change some components.

HP has already recognized a hardware problem about HP Pavilion dv2000/dv6000/dv9000 and Compaq Presario V3000/V6000 series notebooks. Besides, it has already released new BIOS for those laptops, separately are: f.39 edition for dv2000/V3000 and the ones for dv6000/dv9000/v6000.
F.3D edition

Please notice: if you are a Canadian customer who has DV2412CA or DV2404CA laptop, please don’t update to F.39 edition.
Second step: Identification signs

If your product model is listed on the portent list, besides, your laptop has been through one or some of the symptoms below, please contact HP service to see if your laptop could be repaired for free within limited warranty service period. The following symptoms are for Pavilion DV2000 and Presario v3000 laptops:
Laptop couldn’t detect wireless network and wireless adapter can’t be recognized in Device Manager.

There’s no image on the monitor screen or peripherals displays.
The next symptoms are for DV6000,DV9000 and DV6000 series laptops:
Laptop couldn’t detect wireless network and wireless adapter can’t be recognized in Device Manager.

There’s no image on the monitor screen or peripherals displays.
Laptop has no power supply and no active indicator light.
Laptop can’t start.

After plugging the battery and AC adapter, the battery charge indicator light is not lighted.
When it prompts there’s no power supply, the laptop would make a sound like “Hua..”.
Peripheral display can work, but the monitor of the laptop still gets no image.

Last edited by Office PRO : 01-28-2013 at 03:50 AM.
Old Advertise
Old 06-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Rookie

Default Dont pay HP $400 to fix till you try this.....

I spent about 2 or 3 hours working on this laptop, for a customer. It had the same issues as mentioned in the HP enhanced warrenty http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c01087277

I tried removing all the components, Ram, HD, CD-ROM, PCIe, ect...

none of this worked, so i called HP.... they stated it was a defect in the BIOS however their warenty had expired and they did not issue a recall to their customers.

They wanted $400 to fix it... I told them where to stick it...

so i started looking around some more and relized, it was a Firmware issue and the hard boot process that HP recomended wasnt working for some reason. i decided to go a bit further along that same line of thought and perform a hard reset w/o the CMOS battery installed... It worked, POST...

so make sure you try this and dont for get to flash to bios to fully fix the problem...

hope this help's some one...