* The laptop appears to start as usual but the screen is black, if you move it, it turns on and works properly. Failed cable.
* The laptop appears to start as usual but the screen is very dark, although it changes colour a little and you can see a very feint image. Failed inverter or cable 90%/10%.
* Immediately after starting the screen has dark pink/red tint and turns dark after a few seconds. Failed backlight.
* The screen flickers a few times but then turns dark, if you move it or tap it lightly on the sides, it flickers again. Failed cable or LCD 50%/50%.
* Screen is either black or white (no picture) and external monitor works. Failed cable or LCD 30%/70%.
* There are stripes on the screen (either vertical or horizontal) that change when you move the screen or tap it lightly on the sides. Failed cable or LCD 10%/90%.
In all above cases, if you plug in an external monitor, everything shows fine on it (you have to plug it in before starting the laptop and may need to press the “Fn” key together with one of the “F1″ – “F10″ keys to make the laptop recognize the external monitor).
If the screen is black, look for the “lid closed” switch and try pushing it a few times. It’s usually a small switch near the hinges that is pressed when the lid(the screen) is closed. Sometimes these switches get stuck in the “lid closed” position that results in black screen(no backlight) or non-starting laptop. Also some laptops have a magnetic switch (newer Dells, most Macs, etc.) that doesn’t get stuck.
The most common failures are (in this order): inverter, “lid closed” switch, cable, LCD, backlight.
I am Grace Stanley. Today I use this forum first time. I like all part of the forum and I learn very much from your forum. Please give me the proper guidance about that leptop repairing is good or bad?
I m very happy after using this forum and I appreciate your guidance.
Ripping DVD To iPod, iPhone and iPad Using Mactheripper
Mactheripper is a Mac OS X (Snow Leopard, Lion) application which allows users to create a playable copy of a Video DVD. The software is capable of extracting DVD movies to your hard drive. It removes Content Scramble System (CSS) encryption, Macrovision protection and sets the disc’s region code to ‘0′ (zero). The utility is also capable of removing RCE region checking and can also copy ARccOS copy protected DVDs.
MacTheRipper 2.6.6 (free version) does not work on Mac OS X Lion or Snow Leopard. However, its privately released paid versions are released in mac the ripper lion form which does work on all Mac OS platforms including Lion.
Ripping DVD To iPod, iPhone and iPad Using Mactheripper Lion:
1. Download and Install Mactheripper for Lion
2. Insert DVD disc into your Mac computer and launch the application
3. Select the type of extraction and then go back to the “Disc” tab and click ” Go” button to start extraction.
After the extraction is over, you need to find a folder in the save location. The files extracted by mac the ripper for Lion are saved in .VOB format, also you can import DVD to iTunes or other video formats like avi, mp4, mkv, etc.