Please review below some common laptop failures that computercare.ca can repair for you. If you want have a look the picture, please get a free registration and login. thanks. [free] Disclaimer: the repair guide I wrote is only for those who have soldering and laptop repair experience. If you donít think you can manage this job, and then please do not disassemble your laptop, probably you may damage your laptop forever. You should take your laptop to professional repair center and fix it. I make it clear that you should take your own responsibility for the risk if you adopt my manual. Thank you! [img=1] 1). First of all, you should disassemble your laptop, take the motherboard out, here you could find some disassembling manuals for some main laptop brands, such as IBM, Dell, HP, Compaq, Toshiba. [/free] [img=2] 2). 2.Searing-iron or jointing station. I use Weller WES51 Analog Soldering Station, Power Unit, Soldering Pencil, Stand and Sponge, and I repair this item, the settled working temperature is about 800-850įF [img=3] 7). DC Jack and AC adapter for Apple laptop [img=4] 14). Start unsoldering process with adding some new fresh solder to all nine contacts. This will make old solder melt with flowable, then the DC jack could be removed easily. [img=5] 16). The surface of the connected hole may look is very dirty, which is that the result of the fluxed tin You can use the tooth brush with alcohol to clean up the melting solder, although there is not necessary, but let you feel is very clean . Please click here to continue